Other Ways to Give
The following is a list of items that we could really use at our shelter. You can drop any of these items off at the shelter. Visit our Wish List on Chewy to view or purchase items and ship to our shelter. Thank you!
For the Pets:
- Purina Dog Chow Complete (chicken)
- Purina Dog Chow Small Bites
- Purina Puppy Chow (chicken)
- Pedigree Canned Chopped Dinner (any flavor)
- Purina Cat Chow
- Purina Kitten Chow
- Purina Brand Cat Canned Foods (Friskies, Fancy Feast, etc.)
- Cat Litter (non-clumping)
- Plain Milk Bone Dog Biscuits
- Rawhide Chews (American made only)
- Kong Stuff’N Snacks
- Peanut Butter (to stuff Kongs)
- Baby/Receiving Blankets
- Paper Towels
- Germicidal Hospital Bleach
- Blue Dawn Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent
Will allow us to pay for medical care, supplies, etc.
AFA Specialty License Plate
To obtain an Action For Animals HS License Plate:
- Download the application and print it.
- Fill out sections “A” and “E”
- Write check to “Action For Animals” for $43
(The application mentions a $28 fee. Do not pay this fee.
The total cost of the license plate is $43 with a portion of
the proceeds benefiting AFA).
- Mail your completed application and check to:
Action For Animals
Attn: License Plate
P.O. Box 814
Latrobe, PA 15650
Please allow at least 12 weeks for the state of Pennsylvania to process your application.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Action For Animals Humane Society does not receive any funding from the government. We raise money through generous donations and fundraising. Our all-volunteer board organizes many events throughout the year. But you, too, can fundraise for Action For Animals HS!
There are many ways you can raise much needed funds for the homeless animals in our care:
- School groups or students can collect change or donations for items needed at the shelter.
- A businesses can sponsor an event which benefits our shelter.
- Throw a party and instead of receiving gifts for yourself, ask guests to bring a gift for AFA.
- Use your imagination to create a special event, the possibilities are endless!
If you would like to fundraise for AFA, please read this important legal requirement:
AFAHS would love to partner or work with you, your group or business to raise much needed funds for the shelter. If you are interested in helping the animals of AFA by sponsoring or holding your own fundraising event or raffle, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
As a 501c3 federal non-profit organization and registered charity in the state of PA, state law mandates that any person or organization raising funds for a charity is required to have written permission from that charity prior to holding the event or raising funds. We are most appreciative of all donations but we do need to be involved and aware of your good intentions.
The official registration and financial information of Action For Animals Inc HS may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Leave a Living Legacy
Giving a planned gift to Action For Animals Humane Society is a beautiful way to ensure that your love and compassion for animals continues to benefit the homeless pets that come through our doors for many years to come.
The following are ways you can help sustain our work now and in the future:
- Unrestricted Donation
- Restricted Donation
- Endowment Donation
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Beneficiary Forms
- Charitable Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
Save a Life Society
Membership in this special society offers peace of mind by providing donors with the option to leave their cat or dog in the care of AFA at the time of the donor’s death. Donors who make planned gifts of $5,000 or more per pet may participate in this program. AFA will care for the pets until loving, suitable homes can be found, in accordance with placement policies. This arrangement ensures that their pets will continue to receive top-quality care, without the threat of unwarranted euthanasia.
For more information, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com