Volunteers are an important asset to Action For Animals Humane Society. As a non-profit organization, we rely on the generous contributions of our volunteers.
Volunteer Board of Directors Opportunity
AFA is looking for individuals to fill the current vacancies on our all-volunteer Board of Directors. Fundraising and setting shelter policy are the major functions of the Board. Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of every other month at 6:30 PM in Latrobe. Directors act as stewards, contributing time, talent or treasure to support AFA’s mission of reducing Westmoreland County’s homeless pet population through education and adoption. If you are interested in learning more about how you can make a long-term difference in our community and in the lives of abused, abandoned and stray animals, please email email@example.com or send us a brief letter to P.O. Box 814, Latrobe, PA 15650 with your contact details.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Feline Companion: Socialize and brush cats in our state of the art open air cageless Tigre Pavilion
- Canine Companion: Walk, socialize and help the dogs learn basic manners in our private visitation rooms, beautiful Blessed’s Park or outdoor covered play yards
- Shelter Work: Animal care and cleaning, landscaping, office help, laundry, dishes, and more
- Special Events: Assist at fundraising events, shot clinics and raffle ticket sales.
- Must be must 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers should be willing to make a six month commitment of two hours a week.
- You will be required to fill out an application, sign a waiver release and attend an orientation.
- Your presence as a volunteer will help animals during their transition stay at AFA to get ready for a new, forever home.
- It’s a great way to meet people with similar interests and make new friends.
- You’ll learn new skills and work experience for future endeavors.
- And of course walking dogs is great exercise for both you and the dog.