Volunteers are an important asset to Action For Animals Humane Society. As a non-profit organization, we rely on the generous contributions of our volunteers.
- Must be must 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers should be willing to make a six month commitment of two hours a week.
- You will be required to fill out an application, sign a waiver release and attend an orientation.
- Feline Companion: Socialize and brush cats in our state of the art open air cageless Tigre Pavilion
- Canine Companion: Walk, socialize and help the dogs learn basic manners in our private visitation rooms, beautiful Blessed’s Park or outdoor covered play yards
- Shelter Work: Animal care and cleaning, landscaping, office help, laundry, dishes, and more
- Special Events: Assist at fundraising events and Rabies Clinics, sell raffle tickets, and post event flyers
- Your presence as a volunteer will help animals during their transition stay at AFA to get ready for a new, forever home.
- It’s a great way to meet people with similar interests and make new friends.
- You’ll learn new skills and work experience for future endeavors.
- And of course walking dogs is great exercise for both you and the dog.